ProgPal 2023 is open to current postgraduate students (master’s and doctoral level) studying any area of palaeontology, who have yet to complete a doctoral degree by the conference start date. Registration is free of charge, though there will be additional costs for delegates wishing to attend the conference dinner.
Important dates for registration and abstract submission are as follows:
- Registration & abstract submission open: 27/02/23
- Abstract submission closes: 23:59 07/04/23
- Registration closes: 23:59 of 05/05/23
- Talks & posters will be announced and final program will be circulated with delegates: 21/04/23
- Deadline for submissions is 23:59 07/04/23, after this point submissions will not be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, not including the title of the presentation.
- Your abstract will be reviewed by the committee before decisions are circulated on 21/04/23.
- All submissions will be assessed in the following categories: articulation of the aims, methods, results, conclusions, Scientific significance and clarity to a non-specialist audience.
- Each category will be judged out of 5 and abstracts will be assessed blind.
- Abstracts are limited to one per delegate.
Abstracts should be submitted through the Palaeontological Association online submission form, which will become available to you after registering for the conference. Once registered as a delegate, you will receive an automated email containing a unique weblink (at the bottom of the email) which will provide access to the abstract form.
Upon abstract submission you will be asked for the following information:
- Title of presentation.
- Authors and affiliations.
- Abstract text (max 250 words).
- Type of presentation: full talk, lightning talk, poster (Note that only full talks will be considered for the keynote speaker slot).
- Whether/When you have presented at any previous ProgPal events?
- Career stage (e.g. Masters, 1st year PhD, 2nd PhD, etc.).
Following previous years, we will be including a virtual element to the talk session. This time, we will livestream talks and there is no requirement to upload your talk in advance. The ability to opt in or out of livestreaming will be provided during registration.